Monday, February 3, 2014

Movie Time: White Noise 2

I borrowed this movie from the library.  I remember seeing previews of it on tv while I was in Ethiopia, but I fell asleep before it came on.  So I finally got a chance to watch it.

White Noise 2: The Light staring Nathan Fillion (from Castle and Slither [I loved Slither!]) and Katee Sackoff.

I never seen White Noise although I did attempt a long time ago but got bored with it and stopped watching. From what I remember about the 1st White Noise is that it was about seeing ghosts and hearing them speak within white noises of electronic signals (or something).  Please correct me if I am wrong.  I am also told that a man finds out that a ghost is living within electronic signals and is trying to kill people for some reason.  This movie does not have that exact premise but it seems to have a similar type of plotline. 

I won't give any spoilers away but here is what I can say about this movie.  White Noise 2 is similar to part 1 in that there are ghosts, but it has a Final Destination type of story line.  Final Destinations are some of my favorite movies (the 1st and last are my top favs).  I wouldn't call this a scary movie, it's more like a thriller.  A man goes through a near death experience, and when he comes back to life he can see a type of aura, or white light, around certain people.  He then starts using his power to save people's lives but soon finds out that maybe that is not such a good idea.

White Noise 2 wasn't a horrible movie and I was interested to see where it would go.  It was slow at times in the middle though, but I would give it 5.5 out of 10 imdb stars.  That is good given that this is a made for DVD movie.  It makes me want to go back and watch the 1st White Noise movie, in order to see how they compare.

If you are looking for something to do and see this movie on demand or netflix etc., it is not a complete waste of time, so check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment